Southwest Florida Electric Inc. is a family-owned company and locally operated electrical contractor serving residents throughout Fort Myers.
Since opening our doors in 2010, we’re committed to providing competitive prices, professionalism, and highly skilled technicians who do the job right the first time.
You’ll never have to call another electrician again when you hire us because we offer a complete range of services and back up our work 100%.
Contact one of our professionals today, and let’s get to work!
Our Top Electrical Services
Your home’s electrical system is more complex than you might think, and many things can go wrong. And when you’re experiencing electrical problems, don’t take risks on a DIY repair; call us instead to be safe.
Here are the most common electrical services we provide.
- GFCI Outlet Installation
- Outlet Repair
- Breaker Panel Repair
- Electrical Code Violations
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Home Wiring Repair and Installation
- Lighting Installation and Upgrades
- Generator Installation
Our technicians are fully licensed, insured, and background checked, so you can rest easy knowing that you’re in good hands.
Find out if we’re in your neighborhood by checking our service areas.
Why DIY Electrical Repair is a Bad Idea
Saving money and gaining experience are two excellent reasons to fix household problems yourself. There are, however, certain repairs and installations best left to a professional, mainly electrical repairs.
Here are three reasons you should forego doing it yourself and call a certified electrician for help.
The most apparent hazard doing electrical work yourself is a real danger if something goes wrong.
Sure, you can watch videos online walking you through electrical repairs, but it only takes one mistake for the project to result in disaster.
Hundreds of people suffer significant injuries and death from electrocution attempting household electrical repairs every year.
And, even if you fix the problem without injuring yourself, you’re not guaranteed that you did it correctly and won’t experience issues down the road.
- Electrical Codes Many household electrical repairs and installations must adhere to local and state codes. Unless you know what you’re doing, the repair probably won’t pass an inspection, which will happen if you sell your house.
- Expense Even the most straightforward electrical repairs can spiral out of control and lead to major mistakes. Once you start down the rabbit hole and get in over your head, you’ll probably end up calling a professional to help, which would have saved you money had you done that in the first place.
- Diagnosis Do you trust Google or your cardiologist more if you’re having heart problems?
Obviously, you should go to the person with the training and experience to diagnose your heart problem, which is true for your electrical problem.
Because your home’s electrical system is more complicated than you might think, it’s best to hire a pro who’s seen it all and knows how to fix it to diagnose what your problem is.
As you can see, do-it-yourself electrical repair just isn’t worth it. Call one of our certified experts when you need electrical repair or a system installation for your safety and peace of mind.
Your subscription is not active
Please visit the admin site to re-activate your subscription