Preparing the Backyard for the Best Summer Party
Summertime is all about getting together and being outside, so now is the perfect time for homeowners to make those backyard renovations they have wanted since winter. With an upgraded backyard, homeowners will have the ideal space to invite friends and family over to enjoy it with a BBQ. Below are a few ideas for making the backyard a welcoming space to create new memories with family and friends.
Strategic Lighting Placement
Outdoor lighting is one of the easiest ways to create an atmosphere for a backyard gathering. There are several ways to light an outdoor space. Homeowners can highlight certain parts of the garden with landscape lighting, add pathway lights for safety, or hang string lights to enhance the party feel.
Lighting is an important part of outdoor living, but homeowners should remember not to overload their outlets. LEDs or light-emitting diodes are often used as an energy-saving alternative to the traditional filament bulbs. Homeowners should consider solar lighting and battery-powered options to keep energy use down.
Don’t Let a Power Outage Slow the Party Down
Homeowners can’t predict when a blackout might happen. Rising temperatures mean air conditioners are working harder and pulling more energy. This, combined with everyday electricity usage, can strain the electrical infrastructure. Weather events can also cause a power outage, and while a person cannot predict when this might happen, they can be prepared by investing in a generator. Advantages of having a generator are:
- Keeping the lights on
- Keeping the home cool and comfortable
- Keeping the fridge and freezer on to prevent food from spoiling
- Making energy available for medical equipment
- Peace of mind for the household
- Keeping the music and lights going for a neighborhood party or BBQ
Amenities like Pools and Hot Tubs
Another backyard upgrade homeowners can consider is adding a pool or a hot tub. Not only are these upgrades fun for homeowners and their guests, but they can also improve the home’s property value. Here are a few things to keep in mind when considering adding a pool or hot tub:
- Hire a Pro: A professional electrician needs to install the electrical parts and do the wiring. They know the current electrical codes and regulations that must be followed to make the installation safe.
- Lighting: Don’t forget to have the electricians install lighting around the pool so people can see where they are going. This can prevent accidents.
- Learn about GFCIs: Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters are vital for outdoor fixtures, including pools and hot tubs. They can prevent electric shock because they stop the flow of electricity when there is even a small variation in the flow of the current.
- Enjoy the Water: When all is said and done, the main reason for a pool or hot tub is enjoyment. The household needs to enjoy it more than anyone else.
About Southwest Florida Electric Inc.
Southwest Florida Electric Inc. is a family-owned and operated company serving the residents of Fort Myers, FL, and the surrounding areas. They provide upfront pricing, financing, and on-time arrival. Call them today for electrical services in Fort Myers, FL.